Thursday, August 1, 2013

Disney Days!

Hey y'all! Sorry it's taken me so long to post again. I've been meaning to catch y'all up on our trip to Disney but I've been busy since I got back. So instead of making it one long post I decided to split it up day by day. 

So on to the trip!
We stayed at the Disney Port Orleans Riverside resort. It was beautiful. I would love to stay there again if we returned. 
Here's the resort
 
Also this trip was my birthday present from John and he told them that when he booked it. So when we checked in they had a Birthday Button awaiting me and a celebration button for John. When I wore it in the park everyone yelled happy birthday to me and all the characters we met pointed at it. I got a birthday kiss from Mickey haha

Day 1: Hollywood Studios

So day 1 didn't go quite as planned...John had to get his officer uniforms altered before we left so we got put behind schedule.

But that was ok! Cause as Disney resort guests we got extra magic hours in the park and got to stay until midnight.

When we got there we had dinner reservations at the 50's Primetime Cafe. I loved this place. They had it set up like dining rooms in houses. And everyone was family. "Mom" was in the kitchen making dinner. In the first five minutes we were there I got in trouble for having my elbows on the table and John got in trouble for having his phone out. They had really good food, I had friend chicken and John had "leftovers" so his was a mixture of some of the entrees. It wasn't really left overs.

Here is a picture of my brownie sundae dessert! It was pretty yummy.

After dinner we rode all the rides we could including John's favorite Rockin Rollercoaster. (We're in the back)

And we had to ride our favorite ride. Toy Story Midway Mania. This became our favorite early this year at Disneyland. Even though John beats me every time, I still do a fair amount of trash talking. But obviously it didn't help. I got schooled


Also during our short night at Hollywood studios. We saw the nighttime show fantasmic. I loved this show! It brought back some of the older Disney characters that I grew up with and it was so cute. I'm a Disney addict if you can't tell haha. My favorite part was at the end when the riverboat came out with all the characters on it. Steamboat Willie (mickeys first role) was driving the boat, it was so cool.

Here's a picture, sorry it's a little blurry

And with that we officially closed down the park and had a great first night at Disney!

1 comment: