Sunday, August 4, 2013

Disney Day 3: Animal Kingdom

Animal Kingdom was a semi-new adventure for me. The last time I was there it had only been open for a few weeks.

I also found my one of my favorite rides there. Expedition Everest quickly became one of my favorites. We rode it about times ha ha.

Here's my favorite of our pics. We got the front row.
 
The safari was also a highlight. Even though a lot of the animals were asleep or stayed far away from the car it was still exciting. A baby rhino crossed behind our car (John and I were in the very back) and he was so adorable. What wasn't adorable was when his mom started running after him...that kinda freaked me out haha.

The hippos were all cooling off together

This guy was sure a cutie

Another highlight of our day was I got to see my friend Katie. She was on the Disney  college program but recently accepted a full time job position. I hadn't seen her since she left Arkansas so that was cool. We watched a show about birds with her and it was so cool. They brought out all different types of birds who did tricks and it was a little comedic. It was definitely worth checking out. 

I loved this guy 

Here's Katie and I

We also watched the Festival of the Lion King show. It was so exciting. The dancers and performers were incredible.


We also checked Rafiki's Planet Watch. This is an area of the park where you can see different animals. The park vet is there and depending on when you're there you can see them working on an animal. 

John got to pet a snake

And I didn't have much luck getting the pigs attention

And we got to see Rafiki

And here is a picture of us in front of the Animal Kingdom centerpiece the tree of life

Stay tuned for a highlight of the Magic Kingdom (my favorite)

No comments:

Post a Comment