Sunday, July 14, 2013

Our Story

Hey, Y'all!
Welcome to our blog! We're pretty new at this.

John and I met in September 2011. I was throwing my best friend a birthday party and her boyfriend was coming in from the United States Air Force Academy for the night. When her boyfriend walked in he had the cutest guy I'd seen with him. That night though we didn't really talk, he says I didn't talk to him and I swear that I did and he didn't talk to me haha. A couple months later I confessed to my friend that I thought he was cute. A few days later I got a friend request from him and I couldn't believe it. 

Then we started talking. It was December right before finals week. We texted every day during finals and I knew I was falling hard. Then when we were both on Christmas break we decided to actually talk on the phone. We talked for almost two hours that night, and every night after that. Then one night he told me he had bought tickets to come see me in January. I was so excited, at the point I already knew that I liked him a lot.

When that weekend finally rolled around I was so nervous. He asked me to be his girlfriend shortly after he landed at the airport. The next day we went on our first date: dinner at olive garden, dessert at Cold Stone, and a saw Red Tails at the movies.

Now we've been dating for a year and half. A year and a half of long distance through his junior and seniors years at the Air Force Academy, my sophomore and junior years of college. I was blessed enough to be his Ring Dance Date and to put on his Lieutenant bars when he got commissioned as a Second Lieutenant. Now he is off to pilot training in Columbus, MS and I'm starting my senior year at Arkansas. More long distance, but it's gonna be a wonderful adventure :)

1 comment:

  1. I love your story! So sweet :) I am a fellow USAFA girlfriend so I can't wait to follow along! My man is only a sophomore though :)

    I blog over at http://a-long-distance-love.blogspot.com and I'd love it if you'd come say hi!

    ReplyDelete